Thursday, June 5, 2008

It Strikes Me Funny: Will we iron out more pressing issues?

In my most recent column I mentioned that it shouldn’t take years to solve some environmental issues.

For example: Dealing with plastic bottles and bags, drive-thrus (for coffee) and carpools should take all of ten minutes.


[My travel mug saves me 15 cents per use; it was paid for in 3 weeks; now it's making me money]

Even less if we learn to brew our own coffee in under three and a half minutes.

And we should learn. There are more pressing issues to consider.

Our fossil-fuel based, unsustainable, business-as-usual economic philosophy comes to mind.

The growing gap between have and have-not countries is another.

Decreasing carbon emissions by 90 per cent. There’s a good one.

Visit It Strikes Me Funny to link to bigger issues at OIL CHANGE

1 comment:

Nestor Family said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog by way of Carmi's... I think I shall learn something if I stop by your blog more often! :-)

Have a great weekend!