Thursday, August 21, 2008

Zoom w a View: This is me getting all artsy with asparagus and turbines

As I said in a recent post last, Sunday was “a perfect day to go slow, stop and snap postcards from the side of the road.”




The Yamaha rumbled when I wanted rumble but I had just as much fun with the camera.

Richmond and Lower Path Rd., an asparagus patch and under a turbine at Port Burwell were a few of my stops.


I hope you’ll excuse me for getting all artsy-fartsy with some photographs.


Asparagus does that to me.

Click here for other photos.

.

2 comments:

Mojo said...

When you posted the first of those turbine photos I didn't know what it was. My first exposure to wind-generated power on this scale was in my school days when the Howard Knob experimental turbine went online in the western part of the state. at the time it was the largest of its kind in the world -- and apparently the noisiest as well. I saw the mill in person on several occasions, and never once saw it turning. Apparently the low frequency vibration was disruptive enough that using the turbine was banned on nights and weekends. The articles that I found discussing it say it was dismantled in 1983, though I would have sworn I saw it later than that.
Here's a good jumping off point if you're interested in the project.

Oh, and the windmill photos are awesome!

Beverly said...

I had absolutely no idea what asparagus looks like growing.