Tuesday, November 11, 2008

The Kelly Kettle: Indispensable on a motorcycle trip

In an earlier post (almost directly below), A week's worth of small pleasures Pt 1, I mentioned boiling water for tea using a unique kettle from Lee Valley.

The kettle is more clearly shown in the following photo.


There is a larger version with a taller price tag for families on the move.

Directions:

Start a small fire in the pan.

Place kettle on the pan and drop twigs down the chimney.

Water boils very quickly because a large surface area of chimney is surrounded by the water cavity.

Add water to Earl Grey.

Enjoy.

.

4 comments:

bobbie said...

Very neat. Wish I'd had something like that a few times in the past. I never saw one like that

Anonymous said...

I'm going to Lee Valley on Friday (I have the car that day!). I think Mr Jesse would love one and it'd be very handy for our camping trips and our planned South America quest.

Theresa said...

That is a very cool doodad. I missed the one and only time I went to Lee Valley. I will have to go back!

G. Harrison said...

i know the kettles seem expensive $40 - 70, but they will last forever. Really, you'll be handing them down to the next generation.

let me know how you like them.

cheers,

gord h.