Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Motorcycle Miles: My running joke from Mapleton

While driving or motorcycling through Mapleton, a small hamlet south-east of London, I always glance at the intriguing sign below.

Will it still be there? I wonder.


What does the owner of the shop love to do more? Stuff a racoon? Stir cheddar curds?

What course did he take at the local college to prepare himself for both professions?

Does he ever get mixed up with an order?

"You did a great job on my old pet dog, Herm."

"Yup. Sparkie was a winner."

"But what's that smell?"

"You said Sparkie liked gouda, right?"

***

Anything else come to mind?

3 comments:

bobbie said...

One has to wonder if certain cheeses are assigned to certain animals. Who is sharp cheddar and who monterey jack?

G. Harrison said...

bobbie,

i wondered the same thing.

cheers,

gord h.

Anonymous said...

Ha! I have loved this sign for years... remark on it often and people normally don't believe it exists (I think they have a billboard somewhere too).

I figure a mouse got into the cheese and is now stuffed in more ways than one...

Also reminds me of a place in South Dakota http://www.walldrug.com/. Its absolutely bizarre and advertised on highway signs across the state. They have a fine collection of taxidermed animals wearing cowboy outfits and having a ho-down. Worth the drive to SD :)

And I'm a vegetarian?