Tuesday, November 18, 2008

No Clothing Day: What are you doing on Jan. 1, 2010?

I can’t blame you if you don’t plan that far ahead.

Usually I don’t even know what I’ll be doing the next day let alone a year in advance.

Last Saturday, however, was No Clothing Day at my house and I made a hard and fast decision, after counting and listing almost every item of clothing I own (and it became a longer list than I imagined), that I would buy no new clothing until New Years Day, 2010.

So I know two things I’ll be doing on that day.


[The weakest links in an abundant supply: Photo GAH]

First, I’ll give the livingroom carpet a quick vac (I’ll likely have my sister and brother over for New Years and we like our snacks).

Then I’ll drive to the closest clothing store for new socks and underwear.

(Wouldn't you agree that they're the weakest links in an abundant clothing supply?)

***

Read more about the No Clothing Day adventure in The Londoner on Wednesday.

Online version

.

2 comments:

Hilary said...

No new clothing until January, 2010? I could probably manage.. if I had enough chocolate and wine to not notice. ;)

Thanks for the blog visit today. :)

G. Harrison said...

i like how hilary thinks.

pass the dark chocolate and forget about the hole in the sock.

cheers, hilary,

gord h.