Monday, November 10, 2008

Tread lightly when you this way come

Last Thursday I took my last motorcycle ride for the season - maybe.

As I age I leave the Virago in the laneway closer and closer to the last possible minute and then more. Then more.


I’m glad I did this year.


If I get another sunny day I’ll return to Mill Rd. and the Thames River valley to look for a crafty fisherman with a six-foot wing span and white tail feathers.

Old Baldy I call him.


Share your autumn photos and see others at Carmi’s Thematic Photographic link.

You’ll be glad you did.

.

4 comments:

Leora said...

Thanks for visiting my site. Love your leaf on reflected water photo. And "eat more vegetables". I'm with you on that, too.

Mystic Thistle said...

I've always had a certain respect for motorcyclists, though I've never done it myself. And my husband taught me to have eyes for hawks and eagles when on trips. It made me realize how many years I spent missing things that were right in front of me. Nice photographs, especially old baldy.

carmilevy said...

That reflective photo is so rich on so many levels. There's something cool about sitting beside a body of water and just looking down. Depending on how you focus your eyes, you'll see different things at different times.

Great job getting the leafy surface, the reflected branches and the hint of what lies beneath.

I hope this wasn't your last ride of the season. I'd like to think there are a few more scenes like this left in you before the snow flies.

bobbie said...

I'm glad you did too. Those photos are special.