Sunday, December 7, 2008

Jackson and Me: Wisdom from a Greek restaurateur

A comment from Christy to my previous post reminded me of a few poignant words I was told about eight years ago.

While other family members enjoyed breakfast in a Greek restaurant near Queen St., Toronto, I watched Jackson, my first grandson, as he walked and ran from the dining room to the washroom and back.

And forth.

And back and forth some more.

Jackson loved to hear his echo in the restaurant’s bathroom.

With all surfaces covered in glazed tile it was an excellent place to sing.

After Jackson's fifth solo the owner, a man my age, smiled and said, “You get your children back.”


[Jackson, now age 10, looks like my father]

***

So, I got my children and one parent back.

Miracles happen do they not?

.

1 comment: