Tuesday, February 24, 2009

It Strikes Me Funny: I’m not a teddy bear kind of guy, but...

Because I sometimes do odd jobs for cash, or lemon poppyseed cake, I’ve been up and down my step ladder 4,897 times in the last 5 days, and my feet are killing me.

Thankfully, my climbing days are about to end.

Once I put the second coat on a client’s dining room ceiling this morning I can put my ladder away.

And get crackin’ on her kitchen cupboards.

Though it will be nice to use the money I earn to fix up my motorcycle for spring (warmer weather is on the way, right?) I’m actually looking forward to getting back to my own workshop to finish a wee job.


I need to finish a small dog house for a friend. She’d like a second teddy bear to guard the door.

Gladly, I say. I’d be happy to make her another half dozen teddy bears.

No step ladder is required.

***

Do you have a small project underway in your workshop? Tell me about it.

.

2 comments:

Mojo said...

That's gotta be the smallest dog in captivity!

There are a multitude of projects underway in various places around Casa Mojo, but none on the workbench like this one at the moment. Trying to catch up all the outdoor stuff that has to be done has been the prime focus of my "spare" time lately. And there are still several of those to go.

But with a little luck and perseverance perhaps I'll have the chance to get back in the shop before too awfully long.

G. Harrison said...

Hi Mojo,

Charlie is a small dog, alright.

Once the doghouse has a second teddy I can make a small playhouse for Ollie. But where to put it?

cheers,

GAH