Sunday, February 15, 2009

Young at Heart: Life is better with you

Truth is, my wife and I settled into our easy after-supper routine last night and I never summoned up the courage to sing my latest hit single for her for Valentine’s Day.

But I gave her a copy of the heart-felt words when I felt the time was right.

Verse 2, 3 and chorus follow:

[Verse 1 at yesterday’s post]

Life is Better with You

You are the best of my friends.
Life can be a dark, dreary place,
brighter when I see your face,
and I’m talking with you.

You guard the life that we’ve made,
make sure our memories don’t fade.
Time often gets marching along,
you help me feel that I’m strong,
when I’m talking with you.


[Courtesy photo link]

(chorus) Like diamonds in the night sky
I see love shine in your eye.
You treat me better than best,
I’m home when you lean on my chest.
Oh, I know I’ve got a good life,
and it’s better with you.

You are the best of my friends.
Life can be a challenging trial,
lighter when I see you smile
And I’m laughing with you.

You’ve been much more than a friend,
our good times don’t seem to end.
Time often seems short in a way,
you make life fuller each day,
when I’m laughing with you.

**

I keep a guitar beside my writing desk, write the odd song (I do mean odd), strum a few old ones - to keep me young at heart. I think it’s working.

***

Do you strum a few chords? Write the odd song? I’d like to see it.

.

3 comments:

Mystic Thistle said...

Well, I' m sure it fills the house with loveliness. That's wonderful. Our son has a music therapist that comes once a week. She strums her guitar and sings to him, and we all end up gathering 'round. The whole house takes on a life that you just can't get on a cd player. There's something about live music. Well, its alive!

G. Harrison said...

Hi Christy,

When a friend visits and plays a song or two I'll happily join in; when it's just my wife and I - I get a bit shy with the love songs. Go figure.

However, after I practice a few in my study I often hear her whistling my tunes, so I now she's listening closely!

Cheers.

GAH

G. Harrison said...

Hi Christy,

When a friend visits and plays a song or two I'll happily join in; when it's just my wife and I - I get a bit shy with the love songs. Go figure.

However, after I practice a few in my study I often hear her whistling my tunes, so I know she's listening closely!

Cheers.

GAH