Thursday, February 26, 2009

Young at Heart: Paint jobs, hockey wars and high hard ones

Now that I’ve finished painting a client’s plaster ceilings, the rest of the paint job is relatively easy.

In an earlier comment Jessica said, “The kitchen cupboards will seem like a holiday after that ceiling.”

But I must confess I’d rather be sailing. And I don’t sail. (Such are the trials of a retired guy still searching for the perfect job).

This afternoon’s hockey game was painful, with a twist.

According to my goals for the game I wanted to keep two Robs off the scoresheet and as puck would have it, I thwarted one Rob admirably time and again but deflected another’s shot into my own net.

“Thanks for the assist, Gordie,” he laughed.


["Keeping the game close": photo GAH]

Hah. He who laughs last...

Puck joined my stick later in the close game and I sent a high hard one toward the net. On its way it hit the other Rob’s stick - the goalie had no chance.

“We’re even,” I said.

***

Balance. I like things in balance. Don’t you?

.

No comments: