Wednesday, March 25, 2009

My Point of View: Could I be the next Ann Landers?

Occasionally I share advice, along the lines of the world famous Ann Landers.

My youngest sister informed me recently that newspaper corp Sun Media is looking for an advice columnist and soliciting solutions for readers’ problems, and... (wait for it) she thinks I’d be a natural.

(A ‘natural’ what? She didn’t say).

Their latest question from a reader follows:

From ‘Promiscuous past’:

“I cheated on every girlfriend I've ever gone out with until I met my wife five years ago. Since we wed, she's been the only one for me and I've told her so on numerous occasions. But whenever we fight, she brings the issue up that I haven't had a good track record. The last time we battled I told that I may just find someone new. What do I do to let her know I only said those words in anger?”

Part of my response follows:


Dear Promiscuous,

It sounds like you’ve learned a few things during five years of married life but still need some fine tuning.

You’ve learned you can be faithful to one woman and think she is the only one for you.

You’ve learned that your past follows you around like a bad smell. That’s likely because it really does stink (I bet there are a few women right now who would like to see you fall hard on your head or a more sensitive part of your body, then into the nearest river).


[Read more at this link]

Signed, Stan Sanders

***

Would you buy a used car from this guy?

Perhaps you’re the next Ann Landers. Give it a try (for a one-year contract).

.

No comments: