Saturday, June 13, 2009

Aliens not allowed on Chicago buses

A friend and I took a whirlwind trip to Chicago this week (from Wednesday morning to Fri. evening) and much excitement ensued.

For example, I was yelled at while crossing the border into the U.S.

"So, you knew about the need to bring a passport but you hand me just your driver's license? Who do you think you are?" demanded the border guard.


["Get off the bus!": photo GAH]

After receiving the verbal spanking I continued the 650 km. trip to one of the most beautiful cities in America, home of my favourite marathons (which I may run again some day - my comeback is underway), great music, art, scenery, food and so much more, along with highly regulated buses.

No space aliens allowed.

***

I just took a cab when necessary.

.

2 comments:

Kathleen said...

Oh, Gord, do I have a Canadian border story for you. You may have just inspired my next post! Stay tuned!

G. Harrison said...

I'll tune it when ready,

Cheers,

GH