Thursday, June 4, 2009

I’m going to have to become a better multi-tasker

It’s summer time, my motorcycle is calling my name (“Okay, I’m coming”), I have five chairs needing my attention in the shop (“Okay, okay, I’ll be right there”) , a desire to build four more for the backyard, my weekly column is growing legs - and I can’t keep up.

Motorcycling and chairs I can handle. (“Chairs this morning, riding this afternoon. Now be quiet. I’m typing”).


["This is what the five chairs look like now": photo GAH]

For the new legs under my column, however, I may need a secretary.

After writing and bragging about The Village’s positive features (my neighbourhood receives 1,412 thumbs up... and counting) and spotlighting a few interesting features of another part of town, my inbox has been ringing off the hook, so to speak.

I’ve heard from passionate residents from four other parts of town and it looks like a summer series has been born.

But I’m not ready to be a Daddy.

I didn’t expect the new legs. I wanted to ride.

Yeah, yeah - and sand and stain chairs by a June 18th deadline.


["More scrap lumber = chair #6": photo GAH]

Calling all secretaries!

***

Maybe I can visit new (to me) parts of town on my motorcycle before heading off to the lake.

Any other tips? Be careful - I might quote you on this.

.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I think you should listen to your motorcycle and enjoy riding before it gets too hot!

BTW, that little aqua blue radio you have in your sidebar? That looks exactly like one I had as a teenager except mine was pink!

G. Harrison said...

Hi Jane,

I rode to a small, pleasant town about 30 miles away and enjoyed a coffee at a table overlooking the main intersection. Very pleasant place to write and draw. The bonding process with the new bike is going well.

The aqua blue radio is one of my favourites, and when I start thinning out my collection, it will stay where it is. Has a nice sound, just the way I remember the '60s.

Keep well,

Gord