Thursday, July 16, 2009

The Economy: Come on, Manhattan. Save Canada with every bite

On the one hand, though the article ‘Recovery called in reach’ suggests that Canada’s painful recession appears close to an end, I’m not impressed.


[I don’t believe it. As in the past, Canadians will buy into market-first policies, rather than sustainability-first, and dig our hole deeper. Our deficit is HUGE. But perhaps that’s just me, and I’m missing something that lies under the surface.]

On the other, the article ‘Tim Hortons bites into Big Apple’ fills me with hope.

[Photo of The London Free Press]

As New Yorkers fill their faces with baked goods from Canada’s leading coffee and doughnut chain (wait ‘til they try the world class Canadian maple doughnut. My gosh, their smiles will grow as wide as an XL pair of Levis) money will trickle - I dare say flood - into our empty coffers.

How can I not be hopeful?

***

Eating our way to economic security. Has this been tried?

.

No comments: