Monday, August 3, 2009

Believe it or Not: I actually spent $8 recently

I know. I usually try to convince people to reduce spending, live small and enjoy a frugal lifestyle.

Also, I sometimes brag about... sorry, I lied.

I always brag about making projects from found, reused or scrap lumber and here I am spending almost a full $10 on one piece of mulberry.


The owner of Phillmore Enterprises on Sarnia Gravel Rd. even called the wood ‘garbage,’ so, truth be told, I spent 8 bucks on trash.

But, as they say, one man’s trash is another man’s artsy fartsy project for the front porch.

I'd never seen a slab of mulberry before. When I bought it the colour was closer to lime-green, if you can believe that. (Worth every penny?)

Once I buy two hooks and a sturdy chain with the change I have in my pocket, up she goes.

(I have $16 left over from the sale of a classic birdhouse. And listen to this. The buyer actually said, “I love your shop. I wish I could buy everything in it.”

However, she left before I could figure out a price. Stink.

Whoever you are, come back. I think we can make a deal!

Sorry... I digress)


Then, with more birdhouse money in my pocket, I’ll take a motorcycle holiday to Long Point.


["There's a birdhouse builder in Long Point I want to meet": photo GAH]

Now, if the nice lady comes back and buys out my stock I might make it as far as Port Dover.

.

No comments: