Friday, August 28, 2009

Is Downtown London going too upscale?

At The Renaissance, one of Deforest City’s newest downtown apartment complexes, prices start at $1,000 per month, for 618 sq. ft. (The Monaco, a bit smaller than the actual city after which it was named), parking not included.


Other units range from $1,250 - 1,500, for 800 - 1,172 sq. ft. Is that pricey. My mortgage is paid off so it felt that way to me.


I have to admit, units are moving, and the ones I toured (15 - 30 seconds each, saw it all) had lovely views of treetops that hide The Village, my current home, and of the downtown... which is likely what you want when you live downtown.

I was confused by the sign on the toilet. I use the balcony to do what?


["I use the balcony?": photos by GAH]

Downtown too expensive? What do you think?

***

Last time I paid rent - $150 per month, for a house in Old North.

Next column tells the tale.

Current column here.

http://beta.thelondoner.ca/SearchCat.aspx?cid=4186
.

No comments: