Saturday, August 1, 2009

Motorcycle Miles: Postcards (and Elderberries) From the Side of the Road

After reading about the poor start some local crops have made due to weird weather patterns I thought I’d keep my eye open for soy beans, corn and winter wheat fields while motorcycling.


I think some farmers are doing well along the north shore of Lake Erie, so we’ll still be able to feed our huge herds of beef cattle for a reasonable price. (E.g., on Yarmouth Center Line, SE of London)


And if there is a market for mustard I think there’s money to be made just by cultivating area ditches.


Prediction: There are elderberry pies in my future.


["Elderberries in my future": photos by GAH]

Location is a family secret. However, I have loose lips if the bribe is large enough.

.

No comments: