Friday, September 11, 2009

After 39 years of marriage, should I cut my wife a deal?

Both four-plexes came together very smoothly (no fingers went missing) and I felt a buzz while making a modern style home design from old, rescued, Muskoka barn board.

My wife (and grandson Ollie) visited me in my shop yesterday and once the dust had cleared said, “I want one of those.”

I paused, put the broom aside.


["The max? A deal?": photo by GAH]

“Which one?” I asked.

“The one with the two white roofs.”

“Okay,” I said, and wondered where she was going to put it.

I also wondered if I should charge her the max or cut her a deal.

I mean, someone had earlier suggested I ask three-digits for them.

Then again, she’s had to put up with me for over 39 years.

The max? A deal? The max? A deal?

***

I’m leaning toward...

Stay tuned.

.

No comments: