Thursday, September 3, 2009

I know where the city can get $20,000! Oh, pick me! Pick me!

Teacher, pick me! I know the answer.

As soon as I read that “plowing the pathways in the (south London) community will cost about $20,000” and that “there’s no money for it in the budget,” in Monday's issue of The London Free Press, I threw my hand in the air, and waved it this way and that, like an alert student who figured out the teacher’s math puzzle before anyone else.

Try this on for size.


["I should win a prize!"]

Some well-travelled pathways in Deforest City need plowing when the snow flies, and though money hasn’t been found, I know of a golf and country club that saved $158,000 in taxes last year thanks to an out-dated and now unnecessary tax deal with the city.

Can you spell ‘gifts in kind’ boys and girls?

Highland Country Club is loaded with our dough, as in $2.4 million (if we consider their savings from 1963 onward).

City Hall, plan to meet with the Club president and board.

Take me with you, ‘cause I got the answer.

***

Where else can we collect $20,000?

.

No comments: