Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Patrick Kane gets to write lines for his offense

“I will not go berserk over 20 cents again.
I will not go berserk over 20 cents again.”


Chicago Blackhawk star forward, who surely wants to be better known for his offence, i.e. smacking pucks and scoring goals, than offensive behaviour toward cabbies, escaped criminal charges recently and has been ordered to send an apology to the cab driver he had been accused of roughing up.

According to an article in last Friday’s London Free Press, ‘outside the courtroom, Kane apologized to his family, the city, the Blackhawks and his fans.’ [Link to full article]

As a fan I'd say, apology accepted with one condition.

Patrick, do the right thing by the cabbie.

Don’t just send him a written note with 200 lines checked off (“I will not go berserk over 20 cents again”), but show him and his family what kind of gentleman you are, or at least want to be.

***

Should he just write a nice letter? Visit the man and his family?

I like face to face myself.

.

No comments: