Monday, September 14, 2009

Postcards From the Side of the Road: Birdhouses in Thedford

I was on the road with my ’94 Virago 1100 before noon yesterday, and a clever arrangement of birdhouses caught my eye as I entered Thedford, home of Sandy Hills golf course and one industrious birdhouse builder.


[I wonder if the members at Sandy Hills have a deal on taxes as good - and as unfair - as those at Highland Country Club in London? Yes, the deal would have to be as out-of-date as polyester and plaid golf shorts, but I was just wondering...]


All three birdhouses are on poles, two of them tall and connected by stabilizing cable, and all show lovely signs of wear and tear.


["Creative and industrious builder in Thedford": photos by GAH]

I’m pretty sure the builder used recycled or rescued lumber as well. Full marks in my book.

***

Let me know about other builders in SW Ontario.

Have motorcycle, will travel.

.

No comments: