Friday, September 18, 2009

Rescued lumber ends up as a small house behind a nice home

The Muskoka pine scrap, found at a recycling yard in Bracebridge, became the back bone of two birdhouses recently.

Both were sold within days of completion - my kind of process.


["Behind a nice home in Byron": photos by GAH]

I.E., rescue some scrap lumber, design a project, cut, sand and assemble pieces of free lumber, sell finished product for big bucks.

Sure, the process doesn’t always work out that way, but when it does, it’s cause for celebration.

Perhaps a large bottle of Chimay for the workshop fridge would be nice, for those times when a friend or neighbour pops around to see what’s happenin’ in the shop.


And trust me - there’s always something going on in The Shed.

***

Canada seems to be the land of twigs (for my Kelly Kettle) and lumber in need of rescue.

I’ve picked certain hobbies well. You?

.

No comments: