Monday, September 14, 2009

Yet Another Hit Single: Fetch the Wild Turkey

My oldest son and his wife are expecting twins at any minute.

Wait! That could be the call right now.

I lied. Another telemarketer.

While thinking about what to serve when our growing family toasts the occasion, I came up with the following wee ditty.

What with twins, I’d better stock up on more than one bottle.

Fetch the Wild Turkey

1. I lived in the city, I owned my own house,
The only thing missing was a wonderful spouse.
You lived in the country, we met at a dance,
After the hoe-down, we both took a chance.
I'll fetch the Wild Turkey, I'll pour you a drink,
It's out in the kitchen, it's under the sink.
Since I first met you my plans are all new,
No one in the country is prettier than you.


2. I sold my possessions, and moved to your farm,
Bought cows for your field, a horse for your barn.
We'd pick the wild lilies and drink from the creek,
We'd talk about babies, stay in bed for a week.
Let's fetch the Wild Turkey, let's pour us a drink,
It's out in the kitchen, it's under the sink.
Since I first met you, been changes in me,
But you're certainly pretty in your red negligee.

More verses at Hit Singles, Lyrics and Prose by G. Harrison.

***

No 'congratulations' required.

Send diapers.

.

No comments: