Friday, October 16, 2009

Lovely (?) fall scenes from the back deck this morning

Early this morning my wife said, “There’s snow on the car.”

I rolled over in bed, looked at the time (7:45) and said, “No there isn’t.”

“Yes there is,” she said, fully dressed, ready to go to Ollie’s house.


["Time to fly south." "No it isn't." "Yes it is." "No it isn't.": GAH]

“No there isn’t.”

“Yes there is.”

I give up, I thought. There’s no sense arguing with someone who is awake and had time to look out the window while I tossed about wondering why I keep dreaming about being back in the classroom with a bunch of unruly kids and no supplies. Not even a measly piece of chalk.


[Message left by unknown cat, in place of usual deposit: GAH]

My gosh people. She was right.

However, I remain confident that a seasonal-type fall will return and I’ll get several motorcycle rides before winter settles upon our fair and chilly land.

***

Overly optimistic?

Might be because I’m still in slippers and a bit more caffeine-free than usual.

.

2 comments:

bobbie said...

May I offer my deepest sympathy. It's just too soon!

G. Harrison said...

the neighbourhood cat was right on.

GAH