Friday, October 30, 2009

Young at Heart: An Ovechkin stick for $14.99 could mean...

that this afternoon I score my first hat-trick in three years.

While at a Canadian Tire store yesterday (my sander was ready for pickup and I really needed it; eight modern-style birdhouses are ready to roll), I decided to see if any wooden hockey sticks were still being made and sold, and if any were on sale.


["Waxed and ready for action": photos by GAH]

(Call me old-fashioned, but I like a wooden hockey stick. None of this carbon fiber ultra extreme for me)

Yowsa!

Wooden Ovechkin sticks (lots of black paint, matte finish, incredible scoring power) were on sale for 15 bucks and they weren’t even a Junior size, though I’ll use a Junior stick on occasion if it reaches from the floor to my nose.


Sure, the photo reveals it’s an A. Ovechkin stick, possibly named after Alexander’s uncle Astrinko, but I took a chance and bought two of them anyway.

This afternoon - something incredible could happen on the ice!

***

Young at Heart

.

No comments: