Tuesday, November 24, 2009

The Before: Historic corner of Wortley Village getting a facelift

I don’t know much about the Westland Building but I’m glad it’s getting a fresh coat of paint - and more than a few repairs.


["Westland Building needs repairs and fresh paint": photos GAH]

Westland, at the corner of Wortley and Bruce, has housed an antique store for as long as I can remember and has recently become home to local art work as well.


The poor condition of the exterior surface and window and door trim was ignored for decades - but no more.


Is it an old building worth saving? I think so. It commands a view of one of the finest streets in London and the repairs will partly pay for themselves by ensuring the building stays rented for years to come.


Do you know of another building with such a fine front window? (Not counting the rounded ones I found in Chicago!)

.

No comments: