Tuesday, November 17, 2009

On the road again. Well, at least as far as the shed

The last time I stepped inside my workshop was on Wednesday or Thursday of last week.

Grandson Ollie was with me and he helped sweep the shed floor.

It was a mess and he took action as soon as we got inside. He grabbed his red-handled broom from behind the screen door and showed everyone watching how he keeps my shed in tip top shape.

I’d recently cut lumber for six large birdhouses (four-plexes) and a dozen GH-style birdhouses, stained two modern-style boxes and left saw dust and stain-covered rags everywhere.


Seeing Ollie hard at it I soon felt inclined to grab my own broom and after the dust was swept out the door we closed up shop for the day.

Shortly thereafter, the flu struck me cold. And hot. And cold. And hot.

Today, after 3 and a half days on my back, I stepped outside the house to take a breath of fresh air (my gosh, it was glorious!) and decided to step back inside the shed and take a photo or two of the finished modern-styles.


["Modern-style birdhouses from rescued lumber": photos GAH]

My sister has first dibs on one (as a house-warming gift) and I’m curious what she’ll think.

Hey, if it was me, I know the price would be perfect!

Rescued lumber doesn’t look too bad with a bit of effort, eh?

***

Tomorrow, with the flu on its last legs, perhaps I’ll be able to put a four-plex together. I’ve made others but I’m always curious how the next batch will look.

.

No comments: