Friday, November 13, 2009

Sinners may help serve at The Harbour Light, Scotland

I mentioned yesterday that I’ve been told, in no uncertain terms, to go to England and Scotland and visit the places my father was stationed at in the times leading up to his involvement in WWII.

“Don’t say you’ll go ‘someday,’” said reader Alasdair R. “Plan your trip now.”

I would like to go to Irvine, SW Scotland and raise a glass with the Skinner family, especially any ladies who served my father hot oatmeal and rum, brought him warm blankets and dried his clothes after a training mishap.


["Wee sinners may serve ye at the public house"]

To gather more information I turned to Google and typed in my request:

“The Harbour Light Irvine Ayrshire Skinner family.”

But in my rush I missed the ‘k’ in Skinner and learned the following:

“Our MacNaughtan Family - William Irvine provided the continuance of our line of the family... Janet the eldest married Alexander McCabe... that wicked little sinner. Poor hungry Norman then comes in... the Harbour Lights movie theatre.”

So, my apologies in advance to the MacNaughtans for airing their dirty laundry here. But they may want to check out when the movie comes to town in order to catch up on the family news.

.

No comments: