Saturday, December 12, 2009

The Lighter Side of the Classifieds: All you need is one. Ok, maybe two

Some people must look through the classifieds to find that one bargain that will make their week.

(I won’t say ‘year’ because most people seem to need that material fix every 5 - 7 days. Shopping ain’t Canada’s number 1 sport for no good reason!)

Look no further people. I spotted the one Christmas bargain you need.

For sale - Christmas ornament for tree. $1.50. 519 - 913 - 20XX leave message.

So, if you need your fix, call and leave a message.


["Wanna hang Elvis from your tree? Costs a buck and a half."]

For example:

“Hi. My name is Gord and I’m wondering what is so darn special about your ornament. I mean, if I have to drive across town I’ll use $3 worth of gas in order to spend a buck and a half. If it’s not made of gold, will you take 50 cents?”

Double your pleasure...

For sale - Flag man signs, pair, stop and slow. $25

Personally, being a flag man must be the perfect job... if you have $25 and like doing the same two things all day.

“I hold up Stop and then what?”

***

Click here to read more Lighter Sides of the Classifieds

.

No comments: