Tuesday, December 8, 2009

My Point of View: Mild winters will only spoil us. Depressing

Instead of making us think about global warming and climate change, I bet the warm winter temperatures we are experiencing will spoil us.

Many will say:

“I can wear my new spring jacket. I like it.”

“I haven't had to shovel snow even once in December. Brilliant.”


["Cathcart St., Dec. 8, 2009. Depressing": photos GAH]

“I can smoke on my back deck and not freeze my butt off.” (Hack!)

“I haven’t had one fender bender in a mall parking lot while Christmas shopping. Ca - ching.”


["We should be tobogganing by now, not biking!": Dec. 8, Cathcart St.]

“I can ride my bike to work 9 days out of 10. Awesome.”

Sure, the mild temperatures make my walk over to The red Roaster in Wortley Village a bit of a breeze but I still want 18 inches of snow by Christmas to kill off the bugs.

***

Yes. Eighteen inches.

You’re with me on this one, right?

.

No comments: