Monday, December 21, 2009

There had better be snow by the time I get to London

There is snow outside my window but I'm in Fenelon Falls.

There's snow in Washington and the East Coast of the USA because I saw it in the news.

"Travel is backed up for months," said one report (but I was only half-listening).

"The storm is headed for Nova Scotia. Look out, Canada!" warned another report.

Well, I hope the reports are right. Because I've been waiting since December 1 (the day my postman was seen wearing Bermuda shorts and a short-sleeved shirt while delivering Christmas cards in Wortley Village) for a real Canadian snowfall.

None of this mamby-pamby stuff, like 1/8th of an inch before breakfast then gone by noon!

Unfortunately, the only word about London's weather since I've been gone came yesterday - it was raining!!

What the heck? Rain just before Christmas?

Ok, I'm about to pack the car and head home.

There better be snow by the time I get there.

***

If the snow is gone, don't tell me.

I want to see it - or not see it - for myself.

.

No comments: