Monday, December 14, 2009

The Weather: Bracebridge has got what I need

Today is very mild. I walked back from The Little Red Roaster with my light jacket wide open.

I admit, I was still sipping a large dark roast so that might have had something to do with the feeling of warmth I experienced.


["Fall is hanging on, like one brown leaf on my deck": photo GAH]

Before getting home I thought, it’s as if fall is hanging on for one more round of unseasonal temperatures.

Meanwhile, 330 kms north in Bracebridge, my brother-in-law climbed onto his roof and shovelled hundreds of pounds of snow from his roof. He’s not the tallest guy in the world (shorter than me, if you can believe that) but I’m estimating the snow was close to three feet high up there.


Exactly half of that is all I need by Christmas.

Come on, winter!

***

I’m told I can have all the snow I want if I pick it up myself.

Anyone with a big truck wanna scoot to B’bridge for an afternoon?

.

No comments: