Friday, December 18, 2009

Without snow, Rudolph’s landing will be like a dry shave

(Enough of the cheerful poetry for now!)

Have you ever experienced a dry shave?

I have, many times (because I’m lazy) and it ain’t pretty.

The razor doesn’t glide across the stubble, it grinds and chews and occasionally bites the neck.


["Rudolph knows it's going to be a problem": photo GAH]

And without snow in London for Christmas, Santa’s sleigh will do much the same thing upon my roof.

Pitiful.

“Oh, what’s that terrible shrieking sound?” my wife will ask early Christmas morning (probably about 2 a.m.).

“That’s Rudolph and his buddies grinding to a halt. It’s what called a dry landing,” I’ll answer.

It ain’t pretty.

***

Seven days and only 17 and 7/8th inches to go.

.

2 comments:

Katherine said...

You paint a grim picture. The leaden sky teases you with promises, but we shall see if they will be any delivery. I must admit, I wouldn't mind enough snow to do a snow angel or two in.

G. Harrison said...

Hi Katherine,

Unfortunately, no deliveries are scheduled for today. I'm thinking about stealing a bit of snow from a local arena.

Cheers,

GAH