Thursday, December 3, 2009

Zoom w a View: If the rain was snow I'd be happier

Yesterday, the weather was so mild the postman wore Bermuda shorts as he made his daily rounds with bills and flyers and Christmas cards from people who are just way too organized.

At 1 p.m. the skies became overcast and I thought, finally, snow is on it’s way to kill the bugs.


I hoped for 18 inches.


["Snow is on its way?": photos at 1 p.m. by GAH]

But after my mid-afternoon hockey game I exited the arena not to find a fresh blanket of snow but tarmac made wet by an afternoon shower.

(I initially typed ‘not to find a fresh blanket of snow but wet tarmac from an afternoon shower’ but I felt some readers would be surprised that when in rains in Canada wet tarmac falls from the sky. I’ve heard of frogs and fish falling from the sky but not wet tarmac. Sorry, I digress).

As I rushed to cram my hockey bag into the trunk of my car I wished the rain had instead been snow flakes.

With a foot and a half of snow on the ground I bet we’d have a healthier winter and I wouldn’t have to cut my grass this afternoon.

***

Does anyone have snow in their yard yet?

.

No comments: