Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Zoom w a View: Mild winter ahead?

The squirrels in my neighbourhood are getting fatter by the minute.


I think October and November were good months for the squirrels, i.e., for storing nuts and putting on weight for the long, cold winter ahead.

But will all their scrounging be for naught?


["Not much snow this winter?": photos GAH]

I recently heard we’re in for a winter without much snow.

Is that the plan?

I bought new tires for no good reason?

***

My dad used to say he wanted a cold winter and lots of snow to kill the bugs. (Now, I say the same thing).

Do you wish that too?

.

2 comments:

carmilevy said...

Since I grew up in Montreal, I subscribe to a very definition of "cold winter" than most folks from around here.

I've always derived great joy in battening down the hatches again the snow and the cold. There's something to be said for the social benefits of fighting off a severe season. Definitely more entertaining than mild and predictable.

G. Harrison said...

hi carmi,

your experience of winter in Montreal would certainly prepare you for anything SW Ontario could throw at you. hopefully, we'll get a foot or more of snow that will stay the course 'til spring. morning coffee will taste better and walks to the downtown will feel like a real adventure.

GAH