Friday, January 8, 2010

Lovely weather in Londontown, snow is hanging on

I admit, the snow cover is shrinking a bit rather than accumulating (much to my chagrin) but at least it’s hanging in there.


["Oh, oh. Shrinkage!"]

Def’n: chagrin - n. disappointment based on the fact that I like snow (it kills the bugs) and never seem to get what I really want around here anymore thanks to global warming.

However, there is enough fresh snow cover from last night and the day before to warrant getting out the snow shovel later this morning and tidying up the path to the workshop.


["Can you see the shop from here?": photos GAH]

Based on a feeling in my bones, the snow cover will remain (more settling and shrinkage may occur) for at least another week.


For two months, the way I want?

I’m not sure, but with my luck...

***

Is the shortage in snow cover in any way related to the recent shortage of wins by my Maple Leafs?

.

No comments: