Friday, January 8, 2010

My Toronto Maple leafs are going backwards

I don’t know what it is with The Leafs since mid - December.

One step forward, two steps back, two steps forward, three steps back - you get the picture.


["Send me in, Coach": GAH circa 1959]

Way, way back in an earlier era (say, Dec. 20, 2009), they were doing much, much better, had a winning record over ten games.

I half-boldly predicted the following in a brilliant, optimist post:

I think if The Leafs maintain the same pace over the next 20 games they will have a fair - good chance of reaching a playoff position.

But now? Over their last ten games The Leafs are a sad 2 - 6 - 2 - 0, and are 9 points out of a playoff position.

Had Leaf scouts seen me play yesterday they would have said, “Not bad. We should send him up.”

Not that I was that good. But I was holding my own against younger players.

***

My secret for creating room to make a blistering shot?

I don’t wash my hockey sweater!

.

No comments: