Monday, January 25, 2010

Today’s Weather: London barely has a titch of snow

For those who live way out of town, a titch is a very small amount of anything.

E.g., “Just put a titch of salt on my potatoes, please.”

For those who live in London, they will know what I mean but may be wondering if we’ll get more rain today and if our titch of remaining snow will disappear soon.

As you can see, on Jan. 14 we had more than a titch.


On Jan. 19 we experienced a thaw, snow melted and my trained weather monitors (a giraffe and some construction guy named Bob) disappeared shortly after Ollie spotted them through the window.


Today, the official word is ‘it’s a bit slushy out there’ and we’ll hang onto our last titch for a few more days.


["Today's weather - slushy; poor for cycling": photos GAH]

***

PS If you have a spare giraffe and construction guy, let me know.

When it snows I’ll need to bring in the motorcycle rider.

.

No comments: