Friday, January 15, 2010

Today’s Weather: Milder and ickier than yesterday

Yes, I like snow. I like it during winter, not fall or spring, and I like it in copious amounts.

Definition: copious - plenty, more than enough, about 12 - 18 inches if we’re talkin’ snow in London, Ontario.


[Yesterday. "I can see our legs!": photos GAH]

Recently, however, a warming trend began on my street, snow cover began to disappear and I started to get cranky.


[Today. "I've fallen and I can't get up."]

Sure, the squirrels will like the weather. They’ll be able to run along the fence rails like nobody’s business and dig into my yard looking for the treats they hid away when they thought winter might have been on its way - now that spring is on its way.


[Yesterday. "Just a bit of snow left atop the fence rails"]

But I don’t like these mild temps. The plants need a rest, the bugs need to get killed and (here’s what makes me really cranky) I hate tracking mud into my workshop in January.


[Today. "Squirrel highways are open for business."]

Mud in January? That’s ick to the third degree.

***

Sorry about the crankiness. Hopefully it will pass.

Is snow on the way?

.

No comments: