Sunday, January 31, 2010

Zoom w a View: Birds in the tree, cat on The Annex

When I say The Annex I’m not talking about a neighbourhood in Toronto. I’m referring to shed number 2 in my backyard.

And The Annex has a shed style roof that collects a bit of heat on a sunny winter’s day and makes for a great perch.


["The sparrows preferred to perch in a maple tree": photos by GAH]

For a neighbour’s cat, that is.


["The birds visited in pairs; others kept watch"]

Though a dozen birds were happy to visit my feeder yesterday they were nervous all the while, more nervous than usual.


Their heads turned every which way between feeds, making sure they had an escape route available when the cat started to prowl.


["The cat stood watch but caught nothing but a few rays"]

And, lucky for the cat...

...The snow was too cold too pack into snowballs.

.

No comments: