Saturday, January 9, 2010

Zoom w a View: Jack Frost sketches scenes on backyard windows

Yesterday it was ‘bright and shadowed scenes’ revealed by the sun that caught my eye, in both my front and back yards.


["Etchings, compliments of Jack Frost": photos by GAH]

And though I later walked a mile or two near the Thames River (it was a cold walk, for sure) I left my bulky camera at home. (I must get a small, slim model to take on my walks. Any recommendations? E.g., Nikon Coolpix?).


Today I noticed frosted windows on The Annex in my back yard and hope these shots do justice to Jack’s expert etchings.


Years ago I tried combining water colour paintings and icy temps, hoping to mimic Jack Frost, but achieved poor results.

I’ll stick to the camera from now on.

.

2 comments:

bobbie said...

Really lovely frost pictures!

G. Harrison said...

I rushed outside in a T-shirt; I was glad the shots were clear - I didn't want to have to get dressed up in coat and boots.

Cheers bobbie,

GAH