Friday, January 8, 2010

Zoom w a View: No squirrel or bird traffic today

Ingenious though they may be, squirrels have not disturbed my clothesline bird feeder.


["No squirrels, no birds": photos GAH]

I keep it 6 feet above the ground and 6 - 7 feet away from any launch sites (from a squirrel’s point-of-view), i.e., clothesline support pole, pile of snow or lumber, plastic lawn chairs I forgot to put away last fall etc.


"No squirrel traffic on the fence rails either"]

As well, birds haven’t disturbed my feeder - which fills me with chagrin (a word I tend to overuse at times).

Though birds are clever too (as clever as squirrels?), perhaps they can’t see it from the air because of the snowy cap it wears. Perhaps I need to scatter more seed on the ground to provide a clue that more food is nearby.

I’ll shovel the deck, uncover the seed from previous scatterings and add to the mix.

Let’s see what happens. I’ll keep my camera handy.

***

Is your bird feeder getting traffic?

Any secrets?

.

No comments: