Wednesday, February 10, 2010

2010 Goals Update: The best $2 stick I ever owned

Today is one of my hockey days this week and I’m really excited about the game.

I washed my shin pads on the weekend so when one of the guys says something reeks - and something somewhere always does - it won’t be me.

Also, I’ll have a bit of fun showing off my new tape job on two sticks.


["Everybody is doing it. Get with it": photos by GAH]

I’m sure someone will think I’ve flipped my lid but I’m going to answer in a calm voice, it’s the new wave. Everybody’s doing it.

Then I’ll sit back and hear what others say.

(Really. I think I’m ahead of my time).

Plus, I get to mention, again, that I accomplished one of my goals for 2010 during the last game.

In a recent column I wrote:

I resolve to score two goals in one hockey game this year. Yes, it will take a miracle, but I can't think of a better way to motivate myself to maintain a fitness routine.

(Click here to read full column)


Well, last week I scored two with my first two shots of the game and shortly thereafter retired the stick, which cracked during the game, to the shed ceiling.


On the white tape I mention that I paid $2 for the stick, ‘used’ of course, from the Salvation Army retail store.

Not a bad deal, eh?

I’m pretty sure at least one or two teammates will agree with me, now that we typically pay $40 - 50 per stick these days.

.

No comments: