Tuesday, February 16, 2010

It Strikes Me Funny: Canadian men may have lucky hockey sticks

Our men’s hockey team plays Norway today on their way to an Olympic medal, and though I won’t be in Vancouver to watch (my wife said no, something about personal finances) I’ll tune into the game on TV to watch their magical sticks at work.

I’m so sure our men will do well I predict now the final score:

Canada 7, Norway 1


["A rumour about my tape design has hit the ice"]

A verifiable rumour has it that shortly after a photo of my new wave hockey tape design hit the internet the Canadian men were on it like warm peanut butter on toast.


["Small grainy photos from a recent practice": photos GAH]

Photos from a recent hockey practice (albeit not the best quality, kinda grainy) show a forward and a defenceman with my popular ‘squared off’ pattern on their sticks.


["Canada is onto something. Could be magic!"]

FYI The forward went on to score with a blistering shot, set up by his ever-alert blue line stalwart.

Oh yeah, I think some magic is on the ice.

***

Do you want one more goal out of an old stick? (It can happen).

Call me for more details re the brilliant ‘squared off’ design, and others.

.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

no thanks. to all of the above. move on to another blog please.

G. Harrison said...

Final score - Canada 7, Norway 1.

I was close w my prediction (8 - 0) but no cigar.

GAH