Monday, February 8, 2010

Letters to the Editor: PM Harper has dysfunctional personality?

A recent letter in the London Free Press suggests the federal Conservatives will remain a minority government under Harper’s rule.

So do I, but for different reasons than suggested in the letter which states the following:

As William Neville wrote recently in the Winnipeg Free Press, Harper is a dangerous man. He is dangerous because under a thin veil of civility is a man with a hateful personal agenda. His contemptuous attitudes have been well documented.

We should be thankful that dysfunctional personalities such as his always seem to disclose a glimpse of their true emotional makeup. Bob Bozak


Like most Canadians, I’m don’t get a warm vibe from the PM, but it’s winter time and I live far away from where he typically eats his lunch. But rather than describing him as contemptuous and dysfunctional, I prefer to say that our PM is robotic or distant, as the photo below seems to suggest.


[By Andre Forget QMI Agency, Feb. 3, as seen in London Free Press]

“Hi, my name is Steven Blaney.”

“Oh, hello. I’m Lawrence Cannon. Very nice to meet you.”

“Mr. Prime Minister, welcome.”

“I said, welcome. Hello? Hello?”


Yes, robotic and distant seem to fit.

***

Contemptuous. Dysfunctional. Robotic. Distant.

What words best describe the PM of our minority government?

.

No comments: