Saturday, February 6, 2010

London’s Weather Today: We have some but it’s nippy in a T-shirt

First things first most mornings.


["A Tasty, two-week supply": photos GAH]

I shower, shave, apply deodorant, dress, nuke a serving of oatmeal from a refrigerated container, make coffee, chat with my wife (“What are going to do today?” “I don’t know yet. What are you going to do?” “I asked you first.”) and then feed the birds.


["Our wee bit of snow is sticking around"]

While feeding the sparrows, chickadees, cardinals and mourning doves in my T-shirt (my coat is at the other end of the house, i.e., 12 steps away, and I’m lazy until the caffeine kicks in), I noticed the day was sunny and bright, the breeze was cold (about -10C, I bet) and goose bumps were appearing on my bare arms.


["The birds haven't found the suet box yet"]

So, if we get more snow it will stay around for awhile and those with outdoor rinks will have a great day to skate.

Keep your stick on the ice and your slap shots low and toward the corners.

.

No comments: