Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Today’s Weather: Milder, and a brief encounter made my day

A wee bit of snow fell last night, enough to reduce visibility for motorcyclists and short men wearing safety vests.


["Dinosaurs may be coming soon -if negotiations improve"]

[Yes, my weather monitoring station needs an update but grandson Ollie won’t let me put dinosaurs outside.

“Can I put T-Rex in the snow?” I recently asked.

“No. You can’t,” said Ollie very firmly.


Sorry, I digress.]

As well, there was enough snow to cover the seed mix I’d scattered on my deck and one male chickadee was so hungry this morning he landed at my feet while I spread more seed and filled the feeders.


["Nothing left but the footprints": photos GAH]

Hunger pangs must have forced him to set aside his usual caution but when I slowly moved away he took off as if shot from a gun.

I’ve never had a bird stay near my feet for any length of time so the very short encounter made my day.

***

Who visits your feeder?

Can you get close to your visitors?

.

No comments: