Saturday, March 20, 2010

It Strikes me Funny: More tax cuts from Conservatives past and present?

At the recent PC Party Annual Meeting talk buzzed around the room that the party will look for tax cuts, wherever they may be, to win voters.


["Psst... Bob. Pssst... Bob"]

While closely examining a QMI Agency photo (Mar. 8 London Free Press) by Althia Raj of Bob Runciman and Mike Harris I began worrying about where such men get such strategies (or is it strategems)?


["Bob, taxes are too high, ya hear me?"]

Is it just my over-active imagination, or is Runciman being advised to drop taxes wherever he can find them by an apparition floating behind his left ear?

“I don’t care what you cut, Bob. Just cut.”

(Second thought: Do apparitions actually need to wear glasses?)


["Mike, are you listening? I'm thinking rump roast."]

And what is that other ghostly figure whispering in the direction of Mike Harris’ good side?


["Rump roast - no more than a buck a pound, eh"]

Is it saying, drop the HST ‘cause I like a good rump roast but I want it on the cheap?

My theory: If you want cheap you’ll get cheap.

Of course, it could just be my imagination.

.

No comments: