Thursday, March 18, 2010

Motorcycle Miles: Birdhouses found in Aylmer, Ontario

A friend from the north side of Aylmer gave me directions to a birdhouse builder who lives in the south side of the town.

“Just go south about a mile. You’ll see birdhouses in his front yard,” he said.

“What’s his house look like?” I said.

“You can’t miss it. It’s pink.”

“Oh yeah, I know the one.”

The house was hard to miss for a few reasons and I stopped to snap a four photos before heading to Port Bruce.

I liked the two birdhouses on the left side of the pink house’s property. Funky. Though plywood isn’t my favourite building material I know it can last a long time if properly painted.


["Paint on plywood. Not bad at all": photos GAH]

I also liked the man’s workshop - an old barn with a wind vane perched atop a cupola. (I thought, cupolas might make an interesting birdhouse. Hmmmm.)


I asked myself, how many birds would perch atop a cat-shaped birdhouse?


I thought they’d rather perch on an old vine in front of a barn board manor house.


Instead of knocking on the builder’s door to learn the answer, I headed south to my last stop, to snap photos of the birdhouses I didn’t have time to admire up close two days ago.

***

Would you buy a birdhouse that looked like a cat?

Would a wily cat?

.

No comments: