Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Motorcycle Miles: From the 401 to Lake Erie

Spring has arrived early, and has found me with pent-up motorcycling demand - the strong desire to ride when I can.

I’m anxious to ‘become one with the bike’ because in June I ride to Halifax to fulfill a promise made to my dad. And I know forty-three hundred kms (2,700 miles) won’t come easy if my body isn’t ready for it.


["The sky and water at Pt. Bruce were as one": photos GAH]

Off I went this afternoon, east along the 401 from London to the Aylmer exit, and ended up in Port Bruce again.


["Land, water, sky - all warming up together early"]

The bike is ready already!


["The bike sits in front of, what once was, The King's Cupboard"]

It ran like a top and 115 kph sure felt like its sweet spot today.

If that holds true, 2 weeks on the road won’t knock me out.


So, today I tip my hat to Spring for arriving a wee bit ahead of schedule.

***

Did you ride today?

Where did you end up?

.

3 comments:

Lost Motorcyclist said...

The answer is yes, and I ended up at Hully Gully in London.

G. Harrison said...

Hi Robert,

I was thinking about a trip to Hully Gully myself to look over the used bikes (incurable habit?) but didn't want any temptations. My Virago is running so well, I just needed to get some miles in.

Cheers,

GH

G. Harrison said...

PS to LM,

Thanks for earlier tip re removing comments from anonymous sites. I'm now in the habit of removing junk mail at earliest opportunity.

Great tip.

GH